Lactinex is an over-the-counter dietary supplement that contains strains of probiotics used to aide digestion, prevent diarrhea, and ease the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Probiotics are “friendly” bacteria used to help your intestine maintain a normal bacterial balance.
How should it be used?
This product is available in either capsule or granular forms.
- The capsule can be taken by mouth with milk, fruit juice, or water.
- The granules can be mixed in with food.
- If you are using Lactinex for diarrhea from taking antibiodics, or a high fever, do not use for more than 2 days unless directed by the doctor.
Check with your doctor before you start taking this supplement.
DO NOT use this product if you are allergic or sensitive to milk products because milk products are in Lactinex.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience signs of an allergic reaction including:
- Feeling sick
- Fever, shivering/chills, rash
- Muscle and bone pain
- Kidney problems (changes in the amount of urine or color of urine)
- Tiredness, dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This product MUST be refrigerated. Keep out of reach of children.
Call the national poison control center 1-800-222-1222 or 911 in the event of overdose. Symptoms of an overdose include vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fever, chills, and other signs of infection.
-Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricus (probiotics), milk, whey powder, soy peptone, talc (tablet), mineral oil (tablet), sodium, lactose, glucose, sucrose
For complete information, please visit: http://www.bd.com