Culturelle is an over-the-counter dietary supplement that contains a probiotic – Lactobacillus GG (lactobacillus bacteria) that helps stomach and bowel discomfort, bloating, digestive upset, and diarrhea. Probiotics are “friendly” bacteria that helps keep a normal bacterial balance in your intestines.
How should it be used?
This product is available in capsule form.
- The capsule can be taken with or without food.
- If the capsule cannot be swallowed whole, open the capsule and sprinkle the medicine into 1 teaspoon of baby food or applesauce to make it easy to swallow. Swallow right away. Do not save the mixture for later use.
- Throw away the empty capsule.
Culturelle for kids is 100% dairy and gluten free.
Culturelle does not contain artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, yeast, corn, wheat, gluten or lactose.
Do not use the product if the foil on top of the bottle is broken.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience signs of an allergic reaction including:
- Feeling sick
- Fever, shivering/chills, rash
- Muscle and bone pain
- Kidney problems (changes in the amount of urine or color of urine)
- Tiredness, dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This product may be stored at room temperature, while storing it in the refrigerator or freezer may extend the shelf life. Do not expose to direct light, humidity, or high heat. Keep out of reach of children.
Call the national poison control center 1-800-222-1222 or 911 in the event of overdose. Symptoms of an overdose include vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fever, chills, and other signs of infection.
For complete information, please visit: http://www.culturelle.com