What will the scan involve?
- This test uses a special dye (contrast). This dye allows the doctor by helping any bleeding show up better on the image.
- This will be given to your child through an IV, which is a small tube that is placed into the vein usually in your child’s hand or lower arm.
- Your child will lie on an x-ray table and the technologist will take pictures with a large camera. This camera will not touch or hurt your child.
How long will it last?
This test will last approximately 1 hour.
Before the test
- Your child can not have anything to eat or drink for 4 hours before the test.
- Your child can not have had any tests that used Barium 7 days before this test.
After the test
- Your child may resume his/her normal diet and activities after the test.
- Your child’s test results will be discussed with you at your child’s next follow up appointment at GI for Kids.