VSL#3 is a highly concentrated probiotic with 8 strains of live freeze-dried lactic acid bacteria used for dietary management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and ulcerative colitis (UC).
VSL#3 comes in capsules or packets.
- Capsules – take the number of capsules each day as the doctor orders.
- Packets – Take the number of packets each day as the doctor orders. Packet can be mixed in cold water or any cold liquid except drinks that are carbonated (like Coke).
- VSL#3 Junior comes in watermelon flavor and can be mixed in cold drinks such as water or juice or foods like applesauce or ice-cream.
- VSL#3 is not considered a dairy-free product.
- VSL#3 is gluten free.
- VSL#3 is Kosher and Halah certified.
It may take up to one month of taking a high level of probiotic bacteria to maintain and balance the gastrointestinal tract.
Probiotics have generally been considered safe to use.
Mild abdominal bloating has been reported in the first few days of taking this probiotic.
How to store
Capsules and packets should be refrigerated and should be used by the “Best used by date” on the packet. It can also be stored at room temperature for up to one week.